I’d call it a meme post but I just thought it up myself. I thought I’d share the 10 programs listed in my Windows Start menu for quick access. It’s a list that gets updated each time I use a program, and it sorts by how often I open that program. It’s kind of an interesting snapshot of how I spend my time.
(Note: I open Firefox from a shortcut on my bar, which is, I think, why it doesn’t appear on the below list.)
- World of Warcraft: for playing World of Warcraft, obviously.
- UltraEdit: I prefer to jot down ideas and outline in this less formal text editor.
- GURPS Character Assistant 4: I’ve been modeling characters for Under Bridges in this as a way of fleshing them out.
- WriteItNow Novel Writing Software: It’s kind of an outlining tool. I have mixed feelings on it but it does the job it’s supposed to do.
- Microsoft Office Excel: Random mathematics, agent queries, other forms of tracking.
- OverDrive Media Console: For playing audio books I download from the library. I listen to Discworld novels while I do kitchen chores.
- WinRAR: For zipping and unzipping.Â Mostly for unzipping WordPress plugin updates.
- WOWAceUpdater: For updating World of Warcraft addons.
- Microsoft Office Word: For writing in. Well, mostly for cut-and-pasting into, these days.
- Media Player Classic: For watching anime from Netflix with. For some reason the player that came with my laptop claims the DVDs are locked.
If I open a program I haven’t used in a while, it’ll jump onto the list, often at some middling position based on how many times I’ve opened it. But that’s my current breakdown of work and entertainment!